How to apply..what to expect
- All families
are asked to complete the Family Application form and submit
it to the Admissions Director.
- Students in grades 1-12 should also submit copies of standardized test scores and the most recent report cards.
- Students in grades 6-12 should also submit two recommendation forms: one from a church leader; one from another unrelated adult.
- Students in grade 9-12 should also submit a New Student Application form.
- Homeschooled students may be asked to present other evaluative materials and/or portfolios.
- Pre-school families will complete the Little Conestoga PS Family Application and no other forms are needed.
- Once the
Family Application, report cards/testing information, indicated
recommendation forms and Student Application have been received, a
Family Interview is scheduled with the parents, student(s)
applying for enrollment and the Admissions Committee.
- The Admissions Committee is comprised of the Administrator, the Principal of the school to which the student(s) is (are) applying, and a member of the CCS Board of Trustees.
- Families can expect this conversation to last about 60 minutes.
- Every effort is made to conduct the Family Interview within two weeks of receipt of completed application materials. However, this schedule may vary.
- Academic assessment is also a part of the application process. The Director of Assessment and Reporting will conduct this assessment of each student applying for enrollment. This assessment is often conducted while parents are completing the Family Interview described above; otherwise special testing arrangements will be made.
- Following the Family Interview, the Admissions Committee will review the completed application forms, the interview reports and testing results to make a final admissions decision.
- The Administrator notifies families of the decision.
- Once the school has made an offer to enroll, students are considered “enrolled” upon receipt of the Family Enrollment Form, Family Connections Form, and the per child enrollment fee.
- Additional arrangements are then made for tuition payment, bus transportation, receipt of immunization and health records, and transfer of permanent school records.